Treballa amb nosaltres
Work with Us
Job Offers and Fellowships
BIOINFORMATICIAN (REF.: 2022/186)
IGTP requires to incorporate a fellow for the singular project GCAT - Genomes for the Life as Bioinformatician for the processing and analysis of OMICS data in the context of the structural cohort population studies, research development and collaborations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCIE:
The applicant must have the following qualifications:
- Bioinformatics, computer science, Omics analysis or related areas. Molecular biology background is a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience in bioinformatics software use and/or development (Python, R, and other relevant programming languages).
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in management and analysis of genomic data.
- Experience working in the field of human genomics, proteomics, and epidemiology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of statistical principles, including experimental design and machine learning.
- Ability to collaborate with the team and translate existing research into practical solutions and products.
- Drive project execution and implement a robust plan for measuring success.
The specific tasks will be:
- Develop and use bioinformatics approaches to integrate epidemiological and multi-omics data (including genotypes, WES, WGS, proteome, exposome and environmental data)
- Development of statistical analysis using a variety of software and complementary innovative approaches.
- Discussion of results, and elaboration of reports, oral presentations, and scientific reports.
- Provide bioinformatics support to the team in other research projects.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Full-time contract.
- Starting date: February 2023.
- Gross annual remuneration inherent to the square objected to this call, will be fixed based on the experience provided and the skills of the candidate, distributed in 12 payments.
- Flexible payment (childminding vouchers).
- 23 days holiday and 5 days for personal matters.
- Training capsules by the company.
- Be part of an excellent multidisciplinary research center with the HRS4R badge.
- We are located at the Can Ruti Campus, a top translational research environment in the Barcelona area, in a highly stimulating scientific environment. The IGTP offers a supportive, friendly and collaborative ecosystem to promote career development and to help you achieve your research goals.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
For more information see the link:
GCAT Genomes for Life - GCAT (gcatbiobank.org)
Those interested must send a letter of motivation explaining their interest in the post, a CV and details of 2 referees to the address seleccio(ELIMINAR)@igtp.cat
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT INCLUDE THE REFERENCE CODE IN THE SUBJECT LINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled, and the pre-selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
El GCAT Lab sempre està buscant gent motivada per la recerca genòmica humana en totes les seves aproximacions. Si tens inquietud i interès en desenvolupar la teva recerca posa't en contacte amb nosaltres, per saber què és el que estem fent, i també per que ens puguis aportar les teves idees.
Totes les vacants del GCAT i de l'IGTP són anunciades a la pàgina web de l'IGTP "Treballa amb nosaltres".