International harmonization projects
Best Practices guidelines
- ESBB. The International Society for Biological and Environmental Repositories.
- ISBER. Best practices for repositories: collection, storage ,retrieval,and distribution of biological materials
- NCI Best Practices for Specimen Resources.
- OECD Best Practice Guidelines for Biological Resources Centers General Best Practice Guidelines for all BRCs.
Population based biobanks
- Cohort CONSTANCES.
- Canadian Partnership for Tomorrow Project.
- Biobank UK.
- BNADN. Banco Nacional de ADN.
- Law 14/2007 on Biomedical Research
- Law 15/1999 of 13 December on the Protection of Personal Data
- Royal Decree 1720/2007, of 21 December, approving the Regulations implementing the Organic Law 15/1999 of 13 December on the protection of personal data.
- Law 41/2002, of 14 November, regulating patient autonomy and rights and obligations of information and clinical documentation (BOE 15.11.02)
- ROYAL DECREE 65/2006, of January 30, laying down requirements for the import and export of biological samples.
International laws and guidelines
- Council of Europe Convention for the protection of human rights and dignity of the human being with regard to the Application of Biology and Medicine, signed in Oviedo on 4 April 1997, and entered into force in Spain on 1 January 2000.
- Additional Protocol to the convention of human rights and biomedicine Concerning biomedical research. Council of Europe, Strasbourg, 25.1.2005
- International Declaration on Human Genetic Data, UNESCO, of October 16, 2003.
- Council of Europe Recommendation on research with human biological material, of March 15, 2006.